My Business Logo

My Business Logo

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good Morning Internet Surfers

Welcome to my first day of blogging.  I am and always have been a
"Skinny Southern Girl Wannabe". 
I don't care what anyone tells you, they don't like being fat.  I have always been fat.  All the way through school, I felt like I was bigger than averyone else my age, because I was tall.  Now that I am a grown woman, well let's just say that I am not tall anymore.

I want to change all of that and
I hope that you can help me.

I am 53 yrs old, 5'5" and I weigh 344.1 pounds.
Here are just a few of the reasons that I want to finally do something
  • I live in the hot, humid south and I have to take a sweat rag around with me
  • My body hurts, particularly my knees
  • I have a hideous hang-over belly, some call it an "Apron". Not pretty
  • I don't feel like wearing clothes and the cooler style clothes don't look good on me
  • I have no energy
  • My blood pressure is creeping up
  • The Wii Board won’t register me
  • It is hard to travel by airplane.
  • The car seatbelt is getting shorter all the time
  • Chairs crack when I sit down
  • I can’t get my earring when it goes under the table, because I can’t get down there
  • I can’t maneuver through tables at restaurants
  • I hate Booths in restaurants
  • It is hard to fit into the church pews
  • And the list could go on and on…

Like every other fat girl out there, I have tried a lot of diets.  Years ago I did great on the liquid diet, and I lost all of the excess weight. 
However, I ended up gaining all of it back, plus more. 
The easiest one and the one that you can live with longer is the Weight Watchers diet.  I consider it the best one.   They have great tools online and I can do it on my iPhone.  I really have no excuse.  Here is a link to their website so that you can join me on my journey.weightwatchers.com
I am going to weigh, take my pulse and blood pressure, and measure before I begin, so that I can truly see my results.
I know it's hard, and I have failed on Weight Watchers too, but it is because my head has not been in it.  You have to have your head on straight.  I feel like I have "had enough" and I am not going to take it anymore. 
Please help me to accomplish my goals.
I plan to begin my diet on Monday, August 9th.  I'll post updates on my planning all weekend, so keep following! 
Post any suggestions and comments that you may have too.  Can't wait to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment